Saturday, May 21, 2011

Old shelf to New shelf! (+Basket Liners)

I'm back!! Oh my..it has been way too long since I have posted on my craft blog! Since my last post, I found out I was pregnant, having a baby boy, & I am already 30 weeks! Now that we are all caught up, there has been lots of crafting going on lately, but not alot of energy to sit down & write about it, but I re-did a shelf last night & today, so I figured that would be a great way to jump back in! :-)

Here is the shelf that was a hand-me down from my older sister. It also came with 4 wicker baskets with different color liners (not that they were bad, just didn't go with my nursery theme).
(Please excuse the yucky garage background! HA!)

I bought one can of Rust-Oleum Satin Espresso spray paint and after sanding down the laminate on the shelf I sprayed on one good even coat.

I then took one of the old red basket liners that was already in the basket out & cut it apart to open it up and get a pattern. Mine measured 8.25in X 35 in. and then the bottom square was 8.25in X 9.25 in.


I then cut my light green gingham fabric those dimensions....

then sewed it all up & ended up with a snug fitting basket liner!



I repeated the same step again and then twice with my blue gingham fabric & created 4 new basket liners for my new shelf!

I love how it turned out! It will be the perfect little play area for him!

Soo...the total cost:
Shelf & Baskets :  FREE! :-)
Can of spray paint: $2.98
1 yard of Green Gingham: $4
1 yard of Blue Gingham: $3.75
Total: $10.73

Take that Pottery Barn Kids! HA!

Well, I'm excited to be back & to share some little crafts I've been doing in little man's nursery! I have been working to complete some other projects, so can't wait to show them off!

I'll also be having a giveaway with Sew, Mama, Sew! starting Monday to giveaway on of my appliqued onesies from my Etsy shop, so you'll have to drop back by next week & enter! :-)

Have a great weekend!

~Stacy

2 comments: