Friday, June 18, 2010

Coffee Table Transformation

A project I worked on for my little girl's room was recovering an old coffee that was my grandmother's. I actually did this first in college, but recently got it from my parents house, and stripped the other fabric off & started over!


First you get an old (hopefully hand-me down) coffee table.
Then you can spray paint the legs if you need too, since we were putting it in Fritter's room with white furniture, I went with spray painting them white.


Then you need to drill 3 evenly placed holes on the top of the coffee table:


Then lay down 1 inch thick foam batting on top of the coffee table & trim with scissors to fit the table.


Then lay your fabric choice (about 1 1/2 yards) on top of the batting.


Then get your trusty stapler gun & begin tucking fabric under table & stapling into place.



Continue to staple all the way around until you have it completely covered!


Then get 3 matching buttons & thread & begin sewing buttons on in order to "tuft" your stool.


Then add a few stuffed animals, a lamp, & books and you have a great little reading nook! :-)

Here's a close up of the bench.

So go snag up an old coffee table & get to covering! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment